It can be difficult to know when your roof needs to be professionally inspected. Too often, people take their roofs for granted and assume that everything is fine with them. Failing to have them properly inspected can cause small problems to go unnoticed and turn into significant issues. So, how can you know when you should have your roof examined?
1. The simplest answer is that any roof over 10 years old should be looked at closely. Roofs are subject to significant wear and tear from the sun, wind, rain, hail, and extreme temperatures. Though they are designed to last 15 years or more, some factors could prevent them from reaching their full life. If you have your roof inspected, you can prevent potentially large problems and extend the life of your roof.
2. Missing shingles are another indicator that it is time for a roof inspection. Whether you find shingles in your yard or notice that they are missing just by looking at the roof, it is important to let a professional take a look. It could be a random occurrence, or it could be an indicator that the entire roof is reaching the end of its life.
3. Another sign that your roof may be ready for inspection is if your neighbors have had roof work done. Has there been a weather system that may have caused issues for them? Your roof might have been damaged, too. If you and your neighbor have had a roof for approximately the same amount of time and they are having work done, it may be time to reexamine your roof as well
4. If you have had wind or hail issues, it’s always a good idea to have an inspection. Trained roof professionals can recognize even the subtlest signs of weather damage. The terms of your insurance policy may make it possible for any necessary roof work to be covered if hail or wind damage is discovered.
5. Finally, if you notice visible water stains in your home or on your roof, call for an inspection. Water is one of the biggest indicators of damage and a clear sign of a probable leak. Let an expert determine how and where the water is causing problems.
For the most complete and professional roof inspections, contact Sentri Roofing. We offer free inspections and will let you know all of your options. Don’t put off a roof inspection any longer. Call Sentri today.